Like all of the titles in the Quick Study series, this book provides you with the knowledge and terminology to look and sound like a seasoned, experienced pro. You will quickly learn everything you need to know about how to buy wine, how to open a wine bottle, how to properly pour and drink wine, how to store wine, and how to score wine for yourself using an easy, tried-and-true system. With your newfound knowledge, you will be able to confidently attend wine tastings, thoroughly enjoy vineyard tours and have commanding control over any restaurant wine list. You will know each and every step of wine growing (viticulture) and wine making (vinification). And you’ll have a solid foundational understanding of the seemingly endless list of grape varietals, wine blends, regional wine names, marketing wine names, and even a bit of useful history.
* Learn the dos and don’ts of wine tasting.
* Learn how to be a savvy wine shopper.
* Be completely confident when ordering from a restaurant wine list.
* Know how to read a wine label.
* Know the equipment and how to use it like a pro.
* Know how to look and sound confident without sounding like a wine snob.
* Know the tips and tricks of the pros.
* Learn most common wine mistakes and how to avoid them.
* Learn a new and easy system for scoring wine and recording wine tasting notes.