Product DescriptionJoin a pint-studded journey through seven provinces to meet the brewers, taste their beers and learn what goes into that beverage you wouldn’t imagine braaiing (Southern Africa’s barbecuing tradition) without. Additionally there is a section that covers up-and-coming breweries. Delve deeper into meals and beer pairing with delectable dishes from top South African chefs, each dish paired with a nearby lager or ale. And for those who don’t know the difference between the 2, African Brew hopes to show the beer novice into a connoisseur with tasting records and troubleshooting guidelines showing you what things to look out for in your preferred pint.
• Features 38 of Southern Africa’s microbreweries and the cradle of alcohol brewing in Southern Africa, SAB
• Includes dishes and alcohol pairings
• Insights on home-brewing, alcohol recipes and step by step brewing guides
• Contains sections on Southern Africa’s craft cider movement including mead-making
• Covers the annals of brewing in South Africa
• Includes a glance at sorghum beer brewing – both in a conventional environment and large-scale manufacturing